So, you booked your wedding DJ, and now you’re wondering “what’s next?”
These event professionals can seem intimidating at first, since they’ve worked SO MANY weddings. You may be wondering “what are they expecting from me? What is the most important information that I need to share with them? What are they thinking when we discuss our plans for reception?” These are some great questions, and we can help you out!
So, what does your wedding DJ want you to know?
- We Want You To Be Happy – First and foremost, this is YOUR day and there is no wrong way to schedule the evening, select music or do announcements for your wedding! Every single wedding is unique, and we just want to make sure that you and your guests have a great time.
- Send Us That Song – So you already talked to your DJ and chose music, but you just found a great song! What do you do? Please, send it to us! It’s okay for you to message us multiple times, or to change your mind about what you song you want for the first dance. You even have an online portal with a questionnaire to do it with us!
- AND Send Us What “NOT” To Play – We would rather find out before your event that a particular song is a no-go. Maybe it’s an artist whose voice you can’t stand, an overplayed crowd pleaser, a line dance you think is just too cheesy, or a song you simply don’t like. Part of playing a great mix of music is also knowing what not to play!
- We Do More Than Just The Music – Guess who will be announcing dinner? And cake cutting? Placing all the uplights, programming and wiring all the dance floor lighting? Yep, that’s us! We will also be coordinating with your planner every moment of the night to stay on track. So if there are any important moments happening, changes in timing or updates to your schedule, let us know!
- We Are ALWAYS Available! – Don’t be afraid to reach out to us! When you book with DJ Cuttlefish We want to help you have an incredible wedding, so don’t hesitate if anything comes up. You can also give our number to your fiancee and wedding planner’s phone, so they know who to contact for planning and updates.
- What Your Guests Want Is Important, Too – Some guests will only feel comfortable dancing to THEIR music, so we need to know who is attending! An example could be older guests who are only comfortable doing line dances (YMCA, electric slide, etc) or guests who want to hear their culture represented (are your in-laws Latino? Greek? Indian?) so please take a moment to tell us who is coming, and what music they would like to hear, so that we are prepared for their music tastes!
- We Will Only Take Requests If You Want Us To – Worried that your uncle and his buddies (or the groomsmen) might request some random or unsuitable songs? It’s okay to decide to have a reception that’s free from all guest requests, or only songs requested by you, ahead of time. You can also ask us to only play the “clean” versions of any songs requested, no problem!
- Tips Are Appreciated! – If you think your DJ did a great job, please take a moment to leave them a five star review, thank them or even give them a tip! It doesn’t have to be a large amount, and if you’d rather not handle money on your wedding night, it can also be a small thing (like maybe one of the candles or chocolates that were laid out for your guests). We guarantee this will make their night!