Hi there, peeps! We have had a few couples recently who requested help in choosing a first song and we’re here with some solid advice, 6 tips, to hopefully make the process easier for you.
- Ask yourself what kind of vibe you want to give off with the song. Your first dance as a married couple really sets the tone for your reception style since it’s usually one of the first things to happen on the timeline. Do you want to set a fun or romantic tone? (or both?)
- Think about length of the song. Most people don’t want to dance in front of their family and friends alone for more than 2 minutes, so think about the length of the song when considering. If you find a song you love that’s longer, don’t worry, we can cut it down. You can even tell us your favorite part of the song if you want so you know we’ll use that part.
- Is the rhythm easy to dance to? You should try dancing to it together before making a final decision.
- Pay attention to the lyrics. Don’t just listen – you should also Google the lyrics to read them. Are they all happy? Is there that one line that ruins it? We believe your first dance song should have nothing but happiness, though we guess the final choice is up to you. 🙂
- Do you have any songs that have been special at important times in your lives? Did you go to a concert for your first date? Was there a song you remember reminding you of your significant other when you first met?
- Our final piece of advice if you’re lost is simply to listen to the radio a lot. Instead of listening passively, really really listen. If a song comes on that makes the hairs on your arm stand up with chills, that makes you think of your loved one, write it down.
Have any thing else you want us to cover? Email us now at Hello@DJCuttlefish.com and we just might blog about your topic. 😉
Until next time!