Rylan’s relationship with music developed naturally from his general curiosity as a child, but if there was one identifying moment that pushed him towards the art? When he was in elementary school and heard Baby Got Back by Sir Mix O Lot and boogied his heart out.
His budding musical career has flourished since that first introduction to Sir Mix A Lot. He joined his school band in 6th grade and played bassoon through middle school and high school until he made the transition to percussion in his high school marching band.
Over the years since then, he has honed his bass guitar skills and found a home with the DJ Cuttlefish team where he DJs weddings and special events.
Rylan’s favorite part of DJing events is being able to create an environment where people can truly be happy and live within the moment. Seeing people sing and dance with each other warms his heart and makes him grateful to be able to cultivate that experience.
Well rounded and adaptable, Rylan’s goal is to cater to any and every need. His flexibility allows him to create a lasting connection with any crowd or individual.
When preparing for an event, Rylan tries to visualize what the event will be like so he can prepare himself for all possible outcomes. He starts his morning with a routine of yoga, light meditation, and a proper breakfast to ensure that he can rock the party all night to the fullest of his ability and can go home at night with a smile on his face knowing that he truly gave the people all of his energy.
Rylan describes his DJ style as eclectic, energetic, and ethereal while describing his personal style with three words: comfort, quality, and unique.
When he’s not DJing with us or making music, Rylan loves connecting with nature and you can find him hiking or walking his dog.
Rylan is an Eagle Scout who exudes kindness, professionalism, and all around greatness that you won’t be able to deny, making him a dream to work with.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
- “Rylan was nothing short of AMAZING!! From arrival to departure, he was very professional and LOADS of fun with us and our guests. The BEST experience we had from any vendor throughout our wedding was soley Rylan for sure. He was so interactive with the guests and got everyone partying and celebrating. I couldn’t have asked for anyone better! That man deserves a huge raise!! Amazing!! He even had my 67 year old grandmother up dancing and having a ball. He was so great with the people and awesome and what he does. He was AWESOME. I had guests call me afterwards to ask where we found him!! Glowing reviews!!! Thank you for helping make our wedding extra special, Rylan!!” – Hannah and Daniel Hosch, wedding
- “As a wedding planner, I have worked with a number of DJ’s over the years. I have worked with a DJ Cuttlefish DJ three or four times now, and I am always very pleased! Rylan was AMAZING! Him being at my own wedding was the third time I’ve seen him, and I couldn’t be more happy. I had so many compliments from my guests on how great he was. While booking, I spoke with Shellie, and she was just as great with communicating and answering any question I might of had. I have a lot of my couples ask me who they should use as their vendors, and DJ is always one of them. I always suggest DJ Cuttlefish and will continue to do that for affordability, professionalism, and from personal experience. I knew I didn’t want to be in charge of my own wedding, so I hired a Day of Coordinator. From what she said, Rylan showed up and got everything done with no issues. From when I got there until the end, he was great!!! Very very very happy and pleased!! I am a bit of OCD, so I had every song, announcement, and moment planned out for Rylan. He just had to read down the list, and he did it great. Honestly, I can’t really think of anything I’d change. Keep up the great work!!!” – Braden Sutton-Zickafoose
- “They were very pleasant to work with! DJ Rylan was our DJ for our wedding night. He had such great detail for the music and our love of music as well. He had everything set up wonderfully to really showcase the ballroom. Thanks again, DJ Rylan!” – Tonya Tuberville, wedding
- “I didn’t really have to think about the DJ. Which was nice because there was a lot on my mind that day” – Super Satisfied, wedding
- “The booking process was super easy! All of my questions were answered prior to booking and there was great communication from the whole team throughout the planning process. Everything was super easy from the questionnaire I filled out to the day of details! I met Rylan when we arrived to the venue, he was early and already setting up. Everything was perfect. Rylan played all the songs we requested, he kept the party moving and we had the best dance party ever! No complaints here, it was wonderful. If I ever have any kind of large event and I need a DJ, you guys will be my first call – seriously, so impressed!” – Emily Lipsey Pitts, wedding
- “The booking process was straightforward and pricing was easy to understand. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Everyone I was in communication with was always accessible so I never felt abandoned. The monogram design came out flawless and was a showstopper with our guests. The day of the event was very smooth. Rylan arrived during the time window he said he would and was diligent in getting his equipment set up and tested. My experience during the event was fabulous. Rylan was very attentive to the needs of mine and our guests. Everything was pretty easy. Booking, communication leading up to the event, day of, etcetera. Everything was easy, breezy, beautiful, Cover Girl.” – Cornelius Mitchell, The Regan Maki Team (awards ceremony)
- “Amazing – I never had to worry about a thing! We had a phenomenal time! Everyone was dancing and singing – Rylan even joined us on the dance floor and had a dance off with another guest! Everything was perfect! I will definitely be booking with DJ Cuttlefish for every special occasion! They made our wedding night something we’ll never forget!” – Hannah Forrette, wedding
- “Perfect! Great communication! They exceeded my expectations! Everything was great and Rylan was more than we expected! Rylan was very involved with the guests and very professional! We were very happy with our experience!” – Marsha Sheffield, wedding
- “DJ Rylan worked our wedding on 4/16. He was fantastic to work with, kind, professional, energetic, and amenable to all of our requests. We danced the night away! The monogram and lighting were a great touch. Schellie was a pleasure to work with in the booking process, extremely communicative. Absolutely would recommend DJ Cuttlefish!” – Courtney and David 04.16.2021 wedding
- “We recently had one of their DJs, Rylan, work our wedding reception and he was AWESOME! These guys do it right, they were always responsive and on top of things!” – Allison Barliff, wedding